About CHAS

How do I apply?

You can pick up a CHAS application form at any Community Centre or Club (CC), Community Development Council (CDC), Public Hospital or Polyclinic. Alternatively, you can download the application form here. Only one application form is required for each household.

Family members (living in the same address) only need to submit one application form. The form should be submitted with supporting documents (if any)1.   

Parents or legal guardians will need to give consent by signing on the application form on behalf of their family members who are below 21 years old. For family members who are mentally incapacitated, the appointed donee(s) or deputy(s) can sign on their behalf. In the event consent has been provided on behalf of any family member(s), additional supporting documents may be required. By signing up for CHAS, you are giving your consents for data sharing between Ministry of Health (MOH) and its partners.


Please send the completed and signed application form to P.O. Box 680, Bukit Merah Central Post Office, Singapore 911536
To find out more about the consent you are providing in the CHAS application form, please visit here.


1Foreigners and Special Pass holders are required to include clear copies of valid foreign identification documents (i.e. FIN card) or Special Pass and document(s) indicating the relationship to Main Applicant (e.g. marriage or birth certificate).

How do I know if my application is successful?   

Successful applicants will receive either a blue or orange Health Assist card, depending on the subsidy tier you are eligible for. All eligible family members (living at the same address, as included in your application) will receive their individual Health Assist card.  


The Health Assist card typically has a validity period of two years unless otherwise indicated on the card.You will receive a welcome pack which will include information on the use of the card and a list of participating CHAS clinics to help you decide which clinic is most conveniently located near you.

You are encouraged to visit the same family doctor each time you are unwell so that the doctor is familiar with your personal and family’s medical history. This will enable them effectively and holistically manage your medical conditions


Health Assist cards

Blue card

Orange card

 Blue Health Assist card 2017 new 


 Orange Health Assist card 2017 new  



Your Health Assist card is for your exclusive use and cannot be shared or transferred. If you lose the card, please call the CHAS hotline at 1800-275-2427 (1800-ASK-CHAS) so that we can send you a new card.